Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday March 22

This is my response to the weekly blog assignment. I'm not sure about what reading I like or don't yet, so I'm going to write about my favorite poem of the quarter and then I'll look up the 1000 Awesome things website.

First, my favorite poem of the quarter is Rain by Shihab Nye. I like it because of its somewhat confusing nature. What I mean by that, is that you can't really know what he's talking about. Poets are tricky people ya know. They write things in their poems that only they will know what it means..and I like that. It's like a secret message and if you think really hard about what it means maybe the secret will be uncovered. For example, in the poem "Rain", I think the author is touching on the subject of physical abuse. I could be wrong of course, but I actually think that's right. The little boy writes "this year sumbody tutched me on the sholder" when asked what he would remember from third grade. I think this symbolizes something way bigger than a simple touch on the shoulder.

There's this cute little post on the website for 1000 Awesome things about some pretty awesome things. I'm gonna copy a couple of the ones I really liked onto here. Yes, it’s a great sign when babies come out heavy and healthy and then keep growing and growing and growing and growing until they turn into me and you.



This picture on the left was attached to that post about babies. That baby has a lot of hair for a baby and that cute lil guy has really bad bedhead haha. So cute though.


There was another post I found interesting. It was #287 When Your Child reads a bedtime story to you. I thought it was cute because when I babysit they want to read the book to you too after you've read it to them. One time a little girl I babysit told me she'd read it to me now because everyone needs a bedtime story and there was no one else to read it to me. :) Little kids are just adorable.

Well, that's all I have to say. Only two weeks until spring break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment