Saturday, March 26, 2011

I Feel a Little Jumpy Around You

I can't even tell you how much I love this book of poems!!! Every single one is different, lovely, funny and just wonderful! All in all, I'm very much enjoying this book and am clearly taking my time reading each poem. I'd recomend this book to any reader, whether they like poems or not. There's this one poem that I love, but I have no idea what it means! haha. It's by Gevorg Emin and it's called "In the Orchard". Here it is: In the orchard at twilight as the trees fall asleep I'm picking cherries from the smallest of trees. In the dusk the tree trembles as if it is being disrobed, and I feel as it shivers as if I'm slipping off the jewels from the ears of my little love. I honestly have read this poem probably like twenty times. And each time I read it, I only get more confused. I'm not sure why this one poem in particular is such a problem haha but I just dont get it. So the main person if picking cherries in the orchard at night and then when it's getting to be morning the tree notices that someone picked its cherries when it was sleeping and shivers. I think maybe this poem symbolizes a relationship and one person keeps taking and taking and not giving anything, which leaves the one on the other end feeling "disrobed" and empty. This is a total guess, but that's what I got from this confusing little poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment