Monday, May 30, 2011

Final Blog!!!


  • I've read 2442 pages that I blogged about. There were alot of books that I started, though, that I never blogged about because I knew after the first 2 chapters that I hated it...

  • Before the class and the blogging, I read because I liked reading. I actually enjoyed it. But then, during the class, to be really honest, I only read because I had to. It took the fun out of it, I think. And another thing, I didn't like having to write about what I thought about what was going on because alot of the times, I don't really have any thoughts about it and maybe that's okay.

  • During the semester, I can only think of one or maybe two books that I actually liked reading. I just had a hard time finding a book that interested me. I never had problems meeting the requirement of pages read but I struggled with the blogging. I just was so busy all the time and instead of taking breaks and blogging, I would continue reading and before I knew it, I was finished with the book and hadn't even began the blogging. oops..

  • I always read when I got in bed and I'd have my little flashlight with me. I don't usually read with music on or my phone around but it wouldn't bother me if they were. Talking about the books I read felt weird so I didn't do that, I don't know I guess it just seemed like I was reading these books and I'm the only one that knew about them haha.

  • I think this semester has been very changing for me when it comes to reading. I really discovered that I cannot stand chicklit (as you called it) like I seriously can't handle it. And I never knew I would like poetry so much, but I do! I see myself getting more into real life books that have purpose to them and more poetry in the future.

  • At the beginning of the semester, I didn't like poetry at all. I thought it was all long, sad and boring. But it turns out that it can be really interesting. And sometimes even happy. My opinion of poetry has definetly changed for the better! I don't know if you're really taking suggestions but I think for the daily poem second reading you should start at one end of the room and go around like one person does it one day and the person next to them does it the next day and so everyone gets a chance but they don't have to if they don't want to-know what I mean??

  • It was a really fun class Mr. Hill! I actually liked coming to 4th period :)

No comments:

Post a Comment