Monday, February 7, 2011

Breathe-keri wyatt kent pg. 11-38 and 63-109

This book had a nice cover, and that is the only reason why I chose it off the shelf.  The cover says "Creating space for God in a Hectic Life", which I thought at the time applied to me, but I should have flipped the book over because the back described that the book was designed for busy mothers.  I'd like to be a mother someday but not anytime soon, that's for sure. 

I had already checked out the book, though, and it would be to my name for three weeks so I decided why not and started reading.  I read just about as much as I could take in, but the author was rambling on about taking your kids to school and getting grocery's and how to do breathing exercises.  With that said, I discontinued my reading on that book, and moved on. 

On the other hand, there was a part of the book that I thought was interesting.  The author claimed that multitasking is surprisingly unhealthy for us "moms" and when we attempt to cram in as much as possible we actually get less done!  I, being a teenager and thankfully not a mom, applied this to my own life, when it comes to my busy schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment